Final Portfolio #jamesmadeusdoit

    Welcome to my final portfolio. I went through all of my free creations and picked on 5 specific favorites from the duration of this course. These rankings are based on my personal enjoyment writing about the topic and sharing my thoughts, as well as on how relevant I believe they were to class discussions. I added hyperlink to each of the title that go directly to the specific posts.

    Before going through each of them, I would like to explain the method I have been using through my posts. First of all, I chose to use blogspot to post my free creations because I think blogspot is the simplest and probably the oldest online blog-publishing service (since 1999). I also used blogspot before for my other school project, which an advantage for me since I'm already familiar with the platform.

    I decided to keep my home page as plain as possible because I like it simple. I prefer my blog to be basic without many distractions from colors and shapes. For my posts I tried to mix between freewriting, meme, video and pictures. Throughout the posts I tried to use a informal writing style and a bit of humor. I named the titles on my posts as the dates of the class when it assigned, just to keep on track. 

Without further ado, here are my top 5 free creations posts:

5. Change the way you persuade - Reciprocity


I think this was the second free creations that I did in the class. We were learning about "change the way you persuade". With one of them being reciprocity. This meme was taken from google. I was scrolling around looking for inspiration, since I never had an assignment/project involving meme. I chose this meme because it is so relatable. It happens to me often and I found it funny and ironic. 



In this post, we were discussing about the anticipation through imagery. James asks us to pick any picture and analyze it. There are three tools that can be used to analyze the picture:
  • modality ("the input") 
  • verisimilitude ("its realness")
  • claim about the world ("the argument")
When I first saw this picture back in 2016, it immediately caught my eyes. This picture was the photo winner for wildlife photo contest. I think picture can mean different thing depends on the perspective of the people who see it. I enjoyed analyzing it. 



This chapter is about how to become authentic speaker. The free creation on this one was really fun. I bet it was the case for all of us too. I was asked to talk about and explain things that I am passionate about. Ever since the pandemic started, lots of people pick up a new hobby or thing they are into. Things that I am into is coffee! I got obsessed with coffee because during lockdown, I don't go out much and forced to make my own coffee at home. I can go on and on and on with coffee. I think being vocal with what you are passionate about is a great thing. People should do this more often!




We were discussing about the importance of branding. The free creation prompts was really exciting as James told us to pick brands that we love. One of my favorite brand is Patagonia. The brand was started by a band of climbers & surfers. It was inspired by their minimalist/utilitarian approach to style. Founder Yvon Chouinard is a rock climber and alpinist who quickly became a trailblazer in conscious business and a hero among environmentalists. His motto is “don’t buy what you don’t need”. I think that is a refreshing and honest look at consumer culture. Most of their products made from recycled materials or raw organic cotton. The founder of Patagonia also wrote a book about his journey on building his business. 


Nobody:
Absolutely nobody:
James: For the last free creation, please make something related to cherry phone
Us: Say less.

That pretty much what happened when we got assigned for the cherry phone free creation. Turns out it was the most fun and creative one that I make. This is probably when my creativity was at peak. I enjoyed this creation because I think it does summed up the business world. It is something that people were not expecting nor anticipating is thrown at them and they have to react and deal with it. This Cherry phone creation was fun and enjoyable because it gave me the opportunity to be creative and think entrepreneurially about what this product might look like, and why consumers might want it.
I made a short advertisement video about it. Enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class 07 April 2021

Class 20 Jan 2021